Monday, September 2, 2013

One Man To Review Them All: The Return

HELLO ALL!



Now that I have the attention of someone, whoever is reading this actually, I have a few things to mention or go over.




* LACK OF CONTENT?!

* NEW IDEAS?!

* PERHAPS MAYBE A SCHEDULE...PROBABLY NOT.



NUMERO UNO



Alright to start off. I am so very sorry. I posted a literal list about 50 items large that is now deleted of things I wanted to review.

UNFORTUNATELY, due to my job and other commitments as well as VERY large self-esteem (writing wise) problem, I caved. I couldn't write any reviews and constantly had writer's block. SO bad to the point that my own projects other than these reviews suffered greatly.

Alas, here is the good news that leads to the second item on our list.

Due to a great group of friends, I am gaining at least some confidence and will attempt this again and do so better this time.



TWO BIRDS ONE STONE?



As mentioned before in the previous section that I just went over, yes I will be redundant. I am gaining confidence in my writing which includes writing of reviews and other rants. This means a wonderful thing for the people who read anything I write. MORE WRITING.

I'm adding a little spice (not too much though) to the titles of already existing works to differentiate them from others as well as adding new things to the mix.



TV TIME: This is where I will discuss the wonders of television and review certain shows. Most if not all of these will be written as the show ends rather than episodic for two reasons. One, I feel like you guys would die from reading a review of pretty much the same things with a little twist every week. Two, as the writer I feel that it is easier and more unbiased to review the series as a whole rather than to do episodics, this reduces risk of review loss for you and saves you from wasting your time.



LOCK ON: Out of all of the ideas both new and ongoing this is the one I love the most. This is where I get to give a little shout out to the wonderful independent people and webcomics. The best part about Lock on? The fact that I don't want your help, I NEED YOUR HELP. Whether it is a small suggestion or if it is to give a congrats towards me being late to the show, I need you as the readers to pass me webcomics and comic pages of independent or small up and coming comics to read and review. I will look for them on my own as well but the more eyes the better and the more of a reach an item will get.



RANTING AND RAVING:Remember my rant on Geoff Johns that was kind of contradictory (mostly because of my love for the blue lantern corps), well I want to make more and I damn well will. This starts with the usual pissed off comic fan and EXTREMELY biased views. Normally I'm a lax person but here is where you get to watch me make a fool of myself and blow off some steam. Enjoy yourself, it will be kind of refreshing.



LIGHTS, CAMERA, ACTION?:As the title suggests, this is where the movie reviews will happen. Now just to let you know, I am a broke bitch who can't even afford netflix and take it off of others, some of the movies may not be current but they will be reviews none the less. If the movie is good enough or catches my attention enough I will definitely review it after it comes out. Just a heads up. So be prepared because I will try as hard as I can to sit through both movies good and terrible to try and make you laugh, cry or rage.



THUMBS OF DESTINY:The title is terrible, I realize but I don't write gold all of the time. As the title suggests though, this heading or category is all about gaming. This is both PC and Console so don't get your panties in a bunch and try to console war. Just putting that out there as fast as possible and running before an argument about it starts. The games being reviewed will be both old and new, and as stated before will range from consoles to PC.



PAGE TURNER:Now this right here is why Matters of Martin was born. This is where I will review comics that I am reading, this ranges from BIG companies like Marvel and DC to independent works that are either highly acclaimed or that are already public knowledge. I will do my best to go over art, content, pages and plot progression. As for these I will most likely either do them by arc or in bulk. (I.E. Either every time a different arc starts OR in bulk such as 1-12 or so)



Now that I have gone over that and give new categories as well as stated their intent, now we will come to the third portion of this blog post.

Anything without these either have multiple categories or just fit in none of the above.



LATE FOR AN IMPORTANT DATEThis is my current schedule for books and reviews and this will constantly update and be crossed out. I will also list the past examples in order to make things easier for myself.



TV TIME:

ARROW: SEASON 1YOUNG JUSTICEGREEN LANTERN:TASCODE GEASS

DEADMAN WONDERLAND

ALMOST HUMAN

FRINGE (will be divided by seasons)

LOCK ON:JL8THE BOUNCESUPER!BLOODSTRIPE

RANTING AND RAVING:The Comic Industry: Rusting GiantPicasso's Flaw

LIGHTS, CAMERA, ACTION?District 9MomentoElysiumMan of SteelSilver Linings PlaybookThis is the EndThe World's Endand much more

THUMBS OF DESTINYTORCHLIGHT 2PORTAL SERIESTHE BUREAUBIOSHOCK INFINITE

PAGE TURNER:YOUNG AVENGERS

NOVA

BOOSTER GOLD

AQUAMAN

EARTH 2SWAMP THING

ANIMAL MAN

VIBE

LOST VEGAS

SAGA (hopefully)

Y: THE LAST MANALL NEW XMENDIAL HBLACKEST NIGHTSURROGATES

WANTEDand many more



THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for your continuous or first time reading and I hope to keep up with this list.

You guys might even be able to see into my little projects if I do so feel the urge.

Have a great day and nerd on.



-Martin
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment