Friday, September 6, 2013

THE UNLIMITED Hyoubu Kyousuke: Complete Series

Age Rating: 13 and up

Rating: 8out of 10

Episode Count: 12


Genre: Action, Fantasy, Comedy

Format: Japanese with English Subtitles



OFFICIAL SYNOPSIS:



A breeze flutters the lovely silver hair atop the head of a young man wearing a uniform so black, it seems to be mourning something. His name is Hyoubu Kyousuke. He commands the criminal esper organization P.A.N.D.R.A. and continues to soar on midnight black wings through the dark sky, going so far as to start a revolution for the sake of his brethren who share his psychic powers. The antagonist hero of Shiina Takashi's original work, Zettai Karen Children, is the star of the original story in this new spin-off anime! Fight back against the fate of time itself, and set infinity loose!



MY REVIEW:



Having been a reviewer for more than two years now, and written over 100 reviews, (toot, toot, that was the sound of my own horn being honked) I know full well that I should be starting this review by talking about THE UNLIMITED HYOUBU KYOUSUKE as a series. You know the drill "the animation was this, the story was that, the characters were " blah blah, blah, yada, yada, yada! You get the drift, but gosh darn it, it's MY REVIEW, and right now I want to talk about The Unlimited Hyoubu Kyosuke as a MAN! And what a man he is.



With his debonair appearance, military tactical mind, confidently kind personality, royal presence, command of a captain, overwhelming power, and heart of a self sacrificing savior, my dear Hyoubu Kyousuke simply oozes anti-villain style! Ever since Code Geass ended, I've been anxiously anticipating, searching, waiting, wishing, hoping, and even praying, for an anti-villain the likes of which could stand next to Zero at the pinnacle of anti-villainy. But alas, after many years of thumb-twiddling, floor-pacing, and finger-nail-chewing, I had long since given up all hope of finding an anti-villain capable of living up to the high expectations the infamous Zero had instilled in me.



And that's when HE appeared before me, my white haired espier angel arrived. Saving me from my desperation and bringing with him kindness and malice, courage and carnage, honesty and cunning, creation and distraction. Hyoubu Kyousuke was my second coming of Zero, and although noone can ever truly replace Zero in my heart, I can now say that Zero is no longer alone at the echelon of my anti-villain loving heartcompanioned together they will continue their reign until if by some miracle another surfaces to join them.



It goes without saying that if I love my Hyoubu this muchno need to fear, all the "my Hyoubus" are just my way of stating how much I REALLY love him. I've warned my readers before, that when they see me getting possessive over something it just means I really, really, I mean REALLY love it. Don't worry, my mama always taught me to share, there's plenty of Hyoubu to go around! Where was I, oh yes, it goes without saying that if I love my Hyoubu this much, I'd love the series he resides in just as much. And I do!



It's unique retro form of animation, compelling and well mapped out back-stories, action packed tense fight scenes, suave plot, and fabulous family of characters all make for one helluva series, but it's clear to me who the real star of this show is, and that's its witty, one-step-ahead, anti-villain captain piloting it in both name, status, and spirit, and that would be none other than THE UNLIMITED HYOUBU KYOUSUKE!
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment