Thursday, November 28, 2013

Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova

If you're into cute girls and battleships, this anime is for you.



WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD!




At first, I was a bit hesitant to watch Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio (Arpeggio of Blue Steel). I mean, battleships with cute girls that can control them? Feels like a harem to me. I'm not fond of harems (except sensible reverse harems). However, as soon as I finished watching the first episode, I loved it!



Imagine Chobits but instead of personal computers, these girls control battleships named after actual Japanese battleships. It took some time, for me, to get used to the fact that these ships have cute girls as "Mental Models" (anthropomorphic representations). Even my brother thought it's weird (and he's seen many weird manga and anime stories).



There's more than four.



What helped me get over the weirdness were the amazing battle scenes. It's like watching a combination Gundam Seed (the epic battles of The Archangel) and Code Geass, both excites me. The tactics and strategies were amazing! It was full of suspense and adrenaline! It was so amazing, I forgot about the girls and the harem element of this story.



The animation is beautiful. Most of it were in 3D and sometimes, had a feel of an American animation as opposed to the Japanese animation that I'm used to. The art is ok. The characters had a hint of Detective Conan feel to it. But to me, that did not matter. As long as the battle scenes are amazing, it's fine with me.



Added plus is Yukana as the voice of Kongou, the leader of the Fog (enemy battle fleet). Yukana voiced C.C. in Code Geass.



There would be a lot of girls that would cosplay Kongou. I like her style.



What else is cool about this anime? The opening song was by ! The same singer who sang both of Btooom!'s 1st and 2nd opening songs. Here's the opening sequence with Nano's Savior of Song feat MY FIRST STORY:



I'm looking forward to this anime's progress. I hope they focus more on the battles and the world's conflict rather than the romance parts (harem). By the way, this story is also in manga form so if you want to read it then go ahead.
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment